First off, to you and all our friends, Happy New Year! Back in September, the Chronicles of Wanderlust was nominated by “The Sock Mistress” over at 14 Weeks Worth of Socks for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. This award is given by bloggers to other fellow bloggers that have inspired them in one way or another. With this award, we are encouraged to spread the love and get to know the individual behind the keyboard. Needless to say, I am tremendously honoured and touched that I’ve been able to inspire the Sock Mistress.
Although I thanked her immediately for the generous nomination, there was a second part to the award that I haven’t had time to tackle.. until now. Not only does this award permit me to display the cool logo above, it also gives me the opportunity to share with you some facts about myself, and mention other fellow bloggers that have inspired me to continue blogging on the Chronicles of Wanderlust. Thank you once again, Sock Mistress!
So, without further ado, here are the requirements for this award:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- I used to speak and understand fluent Hungarian.
- I’m willing to eat or try anything at least once (as long as it doesn’t kill me).
- Many people love the summer, but I prefer the winter.
- I am drawn to anything that’s old, historic, or vintage.
- My preference between a book and an e-reader will always be the former.
- My eyes have a tendency to change colour.
- If there’s one place in the world I want to visit right now, it’d be the Normandy region of France.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
These bloggers, in no particular order, are bloggers that I have followed and/or enjoyed content from over the past year. They are all equally amazing, inspirational, and I encourage you to check them out!
- Sarahonthe808 – Sarah‘s own take on Aloha filled with lots of amazing photos.
- Beyond the 813 – Samantha, a travel junkie out of Florida that’s lived and taught in South Korea.
- We12travel – Martijn and Antonette – a duo that simply loves hiking, camping, and nature.
- Travelboulevard – Nina and Jempi, blogging out of Belgium, always have a great adventure to share.
- Wise Monkeys Abroad – Wise Monkeys Le and David have wittingly made the world their playground.
- Spencer Toth – Our friend, Spencer, shares insightful advice about life, music, business, and travel.
- The World Tripper – Kim‘s blog hasn’t gone live yet, but she’s active and captivating on social media!
- Fotoeins Fotopress – Henry, a multilingual storyteller from our hometown, Vancouver, B.C.
- Little Travel Bee – A traveler/trip planner, Laura completed her goal of visiting 30 countries before 30.
- Passport and Toothbrush – Having visited over 60 countries, Jaklien continues to deliver quirky content.
- Girl vs Globe – Passionate about fashion, food, and travel, Sabina strives to make the world her home.
- Conversant Traveller – Heather will turn any misadventures into memories.
- The 2 Travel Bugs – Also from Vancouver, BC, Sophia and Paul have caught some serious travel bugs.
- TravellingBuzz – Blogging from Bulgaria, Maria tells us how it’s possible to travel with a 9-5 job.
- Pretty Little Things in a Box – If you love crafts, Angela will be your go-to person for all things creative.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Thank you for reading!
If I’ve inspired you, I invite you to ‘LIKE‘ the Chronicles of Wanderlust on Facebook!